Monday, March 14, 2011

Teapots: An Invitational - John Glick Farmington Hills, MI


John Glick Teapot $160
reduction fired in soda firing kiln stoneware (9" x 9" x 7")

Meet John Glick:
"I am an artist in my 47th year in my studio and I am having as much fun as I ever have had playing with ideas.  Did you ever know that having fun could be a given in the arts?  Well, I think it can be that way.  My career is a blend of activities that includes making many things some of which are pots.  Wait a minute, did he say some of which are pots?

I make lots of pots and I make sculpture and I make tools and studio equipment to help me make my work.  I am a big advocate of learning to make things that make my ideas flow from my fingers more readily.  I call this kind of integration of idea and making the 'flow'.  I like being in the flow as much as I can be."






Bio:
Wayne State University B.F.A. 1960
Cranbrook Academy M.F.A. 1962
United States Army 1962 - 1964
Started Plum Tree Pottery in 1964 continuing to present time

Selected Collections:
The Detroit Institute of Arts, Detroit Michigan - Cranbrook Art Academy Museum, Bloomfield Hills, Michigan - The Everson Museum of Art, Syracuse, New York - Craft and Folk Art Museum, Los Angeles, California - Renwick Gallery, National Museum of American Art, Smithsonian Institution, Washington DC - Los Angeles County Museum of Art, Los Angeles, California - American Craft Museum, New York City, New York - The Gardiner Museum of Ceramic Art Toronto, Ontario Canada.

Website: http://www.plumtreepottery.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment