Monday, March 12, 2012

The Cup: Adam Posnak - West Fork, AR


Adam Posnak Mug with Tree earthenware, 2012
(4.25 x 4.25 inches) CUP 152 $45

“I was born at a very young age, and fortunately ingrained with an incredibly sophisticated sense of humor. I grew up in Macon, Georgia, and am an undisputable product of that place. The pottery (my Mom Becky Posnak, Michael Simon, Ron Meyers), music (Little Richard, Otis Redding, rural blues), religion (hoodoo, rattle-snake handlers, etc.), resonate through everything that I do or say.”


Adam Posnak Cup with Bird and Snake earthenware, 2012
(3.5 x 3.5 inches) CUP 153 $45 SOLD


 “Besides Georgia, I have had the privilege to live in the great states of Louisiana, Florida, and Arkansas, where I currently reside in the White River Valley of the Boston Mountains, with my better half Jeannie Hulen, Professor of Ceramics at the University of Arkansas. These locales have certainly played formative roles in the development of my work and person.

 In other news, I also exorcize artistic demons through the pursuit of what some have been kind enough to refer to as ‘music.’ I have an archaic-post-apocalyptic-shake-em-on-down-proto Blues band called Devils Promenade… but that’s a whole other story…”


Adam Posnak Square Cup with Elephant and Rhino
earthenware, 2012 (3.5 x 3 inches) CUP 154 $45 SOLD
 

Education
1999 Master of Fine Arts, Studio Art/Ceramics: Louisiana State University
1996 One Year, Post Baccalaureate: Kansas City Art Institute
1995 Bachelor of Arts, Studio Art/Ceramics: Macalester College



No comments:

Post a Comment